Tuesday, September 1, 2009

New drawing! kinda


Just a thumbnail, but that's progress, right? Right? In case you're trying to figure out what you're looking at, this is a very rough sketch for the 1st page of Children of Light #3. There's a huge monster thing at the top crushing building tops in its hands, and the kids are below peeing their pants looking at it. I had a little trouble figuring the layout because of the perspective. I started with a 1-point perspective shot, but that made the monster look way bigger than I wanted, like it was at the horizon. I solved that by changing the street view like you're looking across the street at it. This is going to be a 2-page spread. What a way to get back into work!

Had a good night's dive the other day. There was almost 2 dozen boxes of cereal (an organic raisin bran and a kid's puffs thing) I took about half, since I had seen others diving there before. We could have used it all, but the half I took is a great find. I don't mind sharing, especially since we're not desperate. This is where I disagree with Master Diver John Hoffman. He says take everything you find. If competition approaches, try to keep them away.

The great part about that find is, Wife said to try to get some cereal as I was leaving. I had never found cereal before, and kinda rolled my eyes at her. It's not out of the question to expect cereal, I had just never seen any. Finding more than we could use seems like a small miracle to me. After having what seems like a crappy year, we're beginning to see God blessing us and answering prayers. We also received a financial answer to prayer we thought would be near impossible. I think God likes us:)

1 comment:

mike said...

Right! It is something. The most important thing is to have fun while your doing it. Sometimes putting a lot of pressure on yourself can kill the enjoyment of drawing. So take your time. And have fun. I'll be looking forward to more art updates Big Guy! Page 1 sounds too cool!