Friday, July 11, 2008

New music

Haven't been excited about much new music. You know how it is. Until yesterday, on World Cafe I heard The Ting Tings. Fantastic! Not my Name is one of those catchy tunes you can't get out of your head, like Mmmbop. Just kidding (not really)! If you threw Blondie, Gwen Stefani, and Gorillaz in one of those new band-mashing machines, this is what you'd get.

Another good one I came across yesterday is the new Def Leppard album, Songs from the Sparkle Lounge. Yeah, that's right, I said Def Leppard. Boy, back in the day I used to rock me some shredded jeans and t-shirt with an award-winning mullet. But I digress. I heard only some samples from the new album, and it has the most original sound from the band since Slang in the 90's. Classic Def Lep sound with modern influences. I've passed on the last few albums, but I'll be picking this one up.

Also worth noting is the new King's X: XV. I don't think it's their 15th album, though. I've loved these guys since the late 80's, but have missed buying the last couple albums. I think they put out like 2 albums a year or something. Anyway, the kings of progressive rock have another good one out!

No comments: