Sunday, November 30, 2008

Black Friday, indeed!

I was reading yesterday of a death in a Wal-Mart in NY, where a worker was trampled to death by people rushing in the doors as he unlocked them. Another incident involved a shooting in a Toys R' Us. How shameful. People in the Wal-Mart turned violent when asked to leave because THEY KILLED SOMEONE!

I dislike Christmas shopping. I like Christmas, I'm not a Grinch. I hate the over-commercialization. Every year I more and more want to forget it all, I'm not participating in it, and go volunteer and give to really needy people.

These incidents make me more determined to never participate in Black Friday. I'm thinking of asking my wife to give any remaining shopping money for me to Compassion International. These kids are in need. No one I normally give gifts to is in need as much as children who have to live on pennies a day, in filth. Please give if you can!

No comments: